The “need” for a UKOUG Application Express SIG (Special Interest Group) has been discussed a lot, Jonathan Lewis blogged about it a year ago and received a lot of interest. Sara Blair also floated (or resurfaced at least) the idea again last year, again receiving a lot of positive feedback. I have also been very interested in the idea and have said as much to most UK “APEX people” that I’ve spoken to.
However up till now it’s just never happened, fortunately Justin Hudd has progressed it past the idea stage and actually co-ordinated pulling everything together to actually make it happen!
So on the 13th February in the Oracle office in London will be the first UKOUG APEX SIG meeting!
The agenda is available on the UKOUG site here, however to give you an outline, we have –
- David Peake (Oracle) – Latest & Greatest from Development
- Anthony Rayner (Oracle) – Learn How Oracle Utilises Application Express
- Dimitri Gielis (AE) – What happens on an APEX Page?
- Matt Nolan & Vincent Migue (e-DBA) – Using APEX to Expose your Business to the Web
- John Scott (me!) – Dispelling Myths about Application Express
- APEX Forum – A chance to ask the Experts
- A.O.B. and Close
The event is planned to run from 9am to 5pm, however given how enthusiastic most of us are about Application Express I’m sure we’ll be around a bit later too to ask any questions etc.
A note on the pricing: