I’ve been eagerly awaiting the first release of the Official Oracle Node.js Driver and Christopher Jones (@ghrd) just tweeted this –
So I hopped over to the Github repository to take a look and try it out…
…I’m very impressed so far…
Back in 2014, I presented at KScope on “Oracle APEX + Node.JS – A Primer” where I showed many demos on just how you can integrate Node.JS into your APEX applications. For example I showed –
- Office Integration – produce Word, Excel, Powerpoint documents
- Consume and Publish REST Webservices from the database
- Using Node to automatically export your APEX application and supporting objects
- Integrating GRUNT into your APEX workflow
- TextToSpeech from an APEX application (so you could have your APEX application talk to you!). This one was a fun one to do, even though it might not have many practical applications it’s kind of cool to do something that hasn’t really been done before.
I first came across Node.JS a few years ago and became interested in ways to use it to extend APEX applications, I encourage you to take a look at it.
p.s. I’ve been asked by a lot of people to share the demos I presented and I’ll be doing exactly that in a series of upcoming blog posts. Except this time I’ll use the Oracle Node Database driver!