There’s a fantastic initiative backed by ODTUG and the good folks at Insum to produce an APEX Game.
The idea behind the initiative is that rather than using APEX to produce a business application (for which we all know APEX is a great tool) – instead it’s an opportunity to show off how APEX can be used to create games.
Head over to APEX Gaming Competition to read the rules, then make sure you check out the key dates (which might be subject to change but are currently:
- Submissions Open – Monday June 22, 2015
- Submission Close – Monday November 02, 2015
- Results Announced – Monday November 23, 2015
I look forward to seeing the submissions!
The first patchset for Oracle APEX 5 has been released and it contains a number of fixes, the complete patchset note are available here but some of the stand-out fixes for me(i.e ones I’ve experienced!) are :
- 20034145 – Some ORA errors are not being handled by the error handling function
- 20433298 – ORA-00904: ‘R’.’ROWID’: Invalid Identifier Error in interactive report using static LOV
- 20744272 – Page Designer: No text editor used for custom plug-in attributes of type Textarea
- 20780156 – D3 line charts missing label
- 21026665 – Slow performance in Create Application Wizard
- 21098867 – APEX_WEB_SERVICE.MAKE_REST_REQUEST incorrectly sets content-length
There are a huge number of other fixes – so I’d definitely recommend installing the patch (or upgrading to the 5.0.1 release if you’re still on APEX 4).