Oracle APEX 5.0.3 patchset was released (early Christmas Present!), with (again) fewer fixed bugs than the previous patchset, some stand out ones are:
- 22173641 – APEX_PLUGIN_UTIL.GET_DATA raises ORA-06502 for CLOB or LONG VARCHAR2
- 22301102 – Redirect Loop if Rejoin Sessions Enabled for All, Logged In and On Public Page
As always, read the patchset notes, but I’d definitely recommend installing this update.
APEX patchset 5.0.2. was released with a few important fixes in it (less than the 5.0.1 patchset at first glance), a few stand-out ones that caught my eye were:
- 21479385 – APEX_WEB_SERVICE.MAKE_REST_REQUEST results in ORA-06502 if P_BODY pass as Null
- 21531843 – apxremov.sql does not remove all public synonyms
- 21882834 – APEX_JSON: Invalid Output when combining Write(Cursor) with other writes (I hit this one)
- 21901376 – ORA-06502 when calling APEX_UTIL.PREPARE_URL in classic report query (I also hit this one)
As always it’s worth checking out the known issues before you install, but I’d definitely recommend installing this patch (I did and haven’t noticed any adverse effects).
The first patchset for Oracle APEX 5 has been released and it contains a number of fixes, the complete patchset note are available here but some of the stand-out fixes for me(i.e ones I’ve experienced!) are :
- 20034145 – Some ORA errors are not being handled by the error handling function
- 20433298 – ORA-00904: ‘R’.’ROWID’: Invalid Identifier Error in interactive report using static LOV
- 20744272 – Page Designer: No text editor used for custom plug-in attributes of type Textarea
- 20780156 – D3 line charts missing label
- 21026665 – Slow performance in Create Application Wizard
- 21098867 – APEX_WEB_SERVICE.MAKE_REST_REQUEST incorrectly sets content-length
There are a huge number of other fixes – so I’d definitely recommend installing the patch (or upgrading to the 5.0.1 release if you’re still on APEX 4).